Monday, May 1, 2017

Script Fairy Tale Noir: References


Image result for rumpelstiltskin

This Post will focus on some of the references I included in my script that have connections to Rumpelstiltskin or any fairy tale.


  • Rumpelstiltskin Story: I added a couple of references in my script obviously the first one is the story is based on Rumpelstiltskin.

  • Millers Daughter: The Main protagonist in the original story was only known as the Miller's Daughter in my story the main antagonist whose name is Betty Miller. Betty is also reference to the actress Elizabeth Burbridge who played the Miller's Daughter in an American version of Rumpelstiltskin (1915).
  • Brothers Grimm: For my script I knew i wanted the main detectives that would run through  other stories to be based on the Grimm brothers so I took the names of the brothers Jacob and Wilhelm and gave them to the Detectives William and Jacob, I gave William the last name Grimsby. Jacob was given the name Friedrich which was the first name of one of Jacob's Lecteurs Friedrich Carl von Savigny. I also took the name Wilhelm and made it the name of a street.
  • Spinning Wheel: The main plot of Rumpelstiltskin was that Rumpelstiltskin was able to spin gold on a spinning wheel, which is used for the name of the club in my script "The Spinning Wheel".
  • Other Fairy Tales:  One of the other characters is based on Snow White which Bianca Snow, a Waitress at The Spinning Wheel as her name actually means White Snow also her fate at the end of the script mirrors Snow White as they both collapse when they are injected with poison.
  • Other References: The three boys at the beginning of the scripts are referenced to Stand By Me leads even their names are taken from these characters more specifically  Teddy Duchamp,  Chris Chambers, Gordie Lachance. Also William and Jacobs call sign is 1812 which was the year when it was first collected by the Brothers Grimm.

That is all the references that i included in my script through the research I did.


















1 comment:

  1. i have reason to believe this is shane yaw in disguise as dobbie.

    ReplyDelete