Sunday, April 30, 2017

Script Godly: Iris

Related image

Overview: For two of my main characters Mac and Alexis I wanted them to be gods to introduce this concept to Danny, I did however imagine that some of the higher up gods wouldn't do any collecting of new gods and they would leave it to Minor gods so this lead me to look into minor gods for Mac and Alexis to be. I eventually settled on Iris for Alexis as what  Iris is goddess of was something fun I could include in the script.

Name: Iris

Pantheon: Greek

Deity Type: Goddess of the Rainbow/ Messenger Of The Gods.

Symbol: Rainbow

The Reason I picked Iris was particularly due to her being the goddess of rainbows and I thought incorporating Rainbows into Alexis fighting and design really got me invested.
Representation: Iris is represented either as a rainbow, or as a beautiful young maiden with wings on her shoulders. As a goddess, Iris is associated with communicationmessages, the rainbow and new endeavors. This personification of  a rainbow was once described as being a link to the heavens and earth.

In some texts she is depicted wearing a coat of many colors. With this coat she actually creates the rainbows she rides to get from place to place. Iris's wings were said to be so beautiful that she could even light up a dark cavern, a trait observable from in the story of her visit to Hypnos (God Of Sleep) in order to get a message Alcyone.

Though Iris was principally associated with communication and messages, she was also believed to aid in the fulfillment of humans' prayers, either by fulfilling them herself or by bringing them to the attention of other deities.













No comments:

Post a Comment